Women’s Panel (Zoe, Marcia, Sara) – Secular Parenting
This Women’s Panel is the first one for this podcast and the topic of this episode is Secular Parenting. I asked 3 of the former guests to join me in this discussion. Zoe Turner who is using a pseudonym was my guest on Episode #4. Marcia Wickham was interviewed in episode #6 and Sara who chose to only use her first name was interviewed on episode #9.
For this women’s panel, we had some unique backgrounds but also much in common including
- We all started parenting while we were still Christians
- 2 of us still have husbands who go to Church
- 1 of us has children going to a Christian School
- 3 of us have homeschooled our kids at some point
- The age ranges of our kids is elementary school to early 30’s
- 2 of us are in blended families
The 6 main Questions we discussed included:
- What family-of-origin parenting style did you experience?
- What does the Bible teach about parenting?
- What about corporal punishment?
- Where to you get your morals and ethics, if not from the Bible?
- How has your parenting style changed since leaving religion?
- How do you and your partner or husband parent together?
Resources on Secular Parenting – Website with books, blogs, videos etc.
Recovering From Religion Podcast- Episode #10 – Secular Parenting
Podcast Music – Original Composition by Esther Nicholson
Podcast Logo by Sarah Nicholson
Podcast Episode on YouTube